1. Function of spleen is:
- Remove old RBC, platelet, microorganism
2. Organ is large in childhood
3. Avoid taking oral iron preparation in which of the ff.?
4. Type of anemia due to decreased/absent function of bone marrow?
5. S gene (HbSA) has sickle trait, which of the statement about client is true?
-Asymptomatic, but is carrier may pass it on to the offspring.
6. A client has aplastic anemia has not respond to medication. Best hope is for:
-Bone marrow transplant from an HLA matched sibling donor
7. An appropriate nursing intervention for a client with “Ineffective tissue perfusion related to a decreased number of RBC”
-administer oxygen as needed.
8. A client with Hodkin’s Disease
-Localized Hodkin’s Stage IB
9. A client
-Client should be referred to support groups, social worker, clergy
10. During radiation which of these is important teaching (after)
-Fluid intake of at least 2500 ml.
11. Another name for acute chest syndrome
-a type of pneumonia
12. What are the signs of leucopenia that a nurse needs to monitor for when caring for a client taking meds that depress the hematopoietic system?
- Fever & Sore Throat
13. In a client with lymphatic system disorder, which of the following physical assessment is a priority for a nurse to perform?
-Inspect tonsils for size/appearance
- client undergoing treatment
14 Client with thallasemia, what is the role of the nurse during a transfusion?
- to closely monitor the rate of administration
15. Patient with sickle cell anemia, why does the nurse auscultate the lungs and heart?
- To detect the abnormal sound suggestive of acute chest syndrome and heart failure
16. If an older adult it anemic, which of the following is usually suspected?
- blood loss from the gastrointestinal or genitourinary tract
17. A young male client is diagnosed with lymphosarcoma. The client is bedridden for quite a few days but the nurse should help the client perform the activities related to self-care. Which of the following strategies may the nurse use to help perform simple ADL?
-Divide the care into manageable amounts and prioritize activities.
18. A client with lymphosarcoma experiences nausea after chemotherapy. Which of the following measures should the nurse suggest to help client reduce feeling of nausea?
-offer clear liquid (carbonated beverage, water, icepops)
19. Early symptoms of a sudden loss of blood (hypovolemia) include
- extreme pallor
20. All of the following are appropriate nursing intervention for dx of “Altered tissue perfusion related to decreased number of RBC’s & decreased oxygen except”
-restricting fluid intake to avoid fluid overload
21. Which of the following food sources is high in iron:
22. One food rich in folic acid is
23. Which of the following recommended for folic acid deficiency anemia?
24. A nurse is caring for a client with sickle cell crisis. The following are appropriate nursing intervention except:
-assess hand grip strength
25. A client with leukemia develops thrombocytopenia following chemotherapy. Based on this, which of the following nursing intervention is highest priority?
- monitor the client’s platelet count
26. The following are nursing intervention/client instruction in caring for client with pancytopenia except:
- Insert foley to monitor I &O
27. Client with leucopenia has a platelet count of 10,000/m3 Which of the following is priority nursing assessment
-Level of Consciousness
28. Sygenic cells are
- cells donated form the client’s identical twin
29. SAME QUESTION
-Blood loss from GI/genitourinary tract
30. Factors involved in the development of leukemia include the following except
- none of the above (Ionizing radiation, immunologic factors, exposure to chem./drugs
31. Presence of Reed-Sternberg’s cells in client’s ________ is pathognomonic of Hodgkin’s Lymphoma.
32. Anemia in client’s diagnosis with leukemia is secondary to
-increased production of wbc’s in bone marrow
33. Most common leukemia in adults older than 50 years old
34. Lymphatic fluid in the left internal mammary nodes dreain through the _______ into the _______
-thoracic duct, left subclavian vein
35. Complex decongestive physiotherapy in lymphedema include the following except
-proximal massage of edematous areas to promote drainage
36. Which of the following should be consumed by a client with iron deficiency anemia to promote absorption?
-rich sources of vitamin c
37. Acute hypovolemic anemia from severe blood loss is evidenced by which of the following signs and symptoms of hypovolemic shock
-reduced urine output
38. A male college student has been diagnosed with an infectious mononucleosis affecting tonsils. An appropriate treatment is indicated to a client. Which of the following measures should the nurse suggest to prevent it
- refrain from sharing food/cigarettes with friends/peers
39. A client has been diagnosed with Hodgkin’s disease. Which of the following pertinent questions should the nurse ask the client to
- Are you experiencing fever, chills, night sweats?
39. Nurse is caring for a client with Hodgkin’s disease on a particular day, the client develops respiratory distress. Which of the following measures should be taken by the nurse to help client get relief?
-Keep neck in midline, keep in high fowlers
40. A client with Hodgkin’s disease is at risk for skin integrity due to pruritus. Which of the following intervention should a nurse perform for client skin to remain intact
-Apply ice to skin for brief periods
41. Which of the following is common method to use to promote lymphatic drainage/prevent edema in all client with lymphedema
-elevate the affected part of the body
42. Secondary lymphedema may develop secondary to the following except
-congenital lymphatic dysfunction
43. Infectious mononucleosis is caused by
44. Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma include the following except